Our presentation for today is baking for dessert ‘Almond and orange cake’ The original recipe is from Chef Michel Roux Jr.
This recipe is a moist cake which uses less flour. I used regular cake flour (for plain flour), caster sugar I like to use extra refined granulated sugar, Almond nuts ground make fresh and Marmalade uses extra than one tablespoon in the original menu. The problem is the slices almonds I use a food processor to slices but mostly broken so that I only can decorate in center.
Note: The high of finish this Almond and orange cake is about 4 centimeters. This almond and orange cake is absolutely delicious.
- 50g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 225g caster sugar
- 250g ground almonds
- 250g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1tbsp grated zest of orange
- 4 free-range eggs
- 80ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 60g brown sugar
- 1tbsp marmalade
- Handful of sliced almonds, toasted
Preparation and baking
- Butter a round cake tin, approximately 20cm wide. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. (375 F)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar, and add the ground almonds. Whisk the butter with the orange zest until pale, then add the eggs one at a time. Fold in the dry ingredients with a metal spoon. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45 mins or until cooked.
- Meanwhile make a syrup by boiling the orange juice with the brown sugar. Leave to cool. Once the cake is cooked, prick several times with a skewer to the base and pour on the cooled syrup. Leave the cake to cool completely before brushing on a little warmed marmalade and sprinkling it with a few toasted, sliced almonds.
- Lovely served with orange segments marinated in a generous splash of whisky and a little demerara sugar.
photography by Luksana
wow… it looks delicious!!, I´m hungry now 😛
Thank you Belu for greetings. hope you are doing good and have a great day.
This cake looks amazing, can’t wait to give it a try!
Thank you so much Mama. 🙂 🙂
Wow that looks SOOO yummy!! 😀
Thanks Lina. Have a great day!
Comments are closed.